They make up a protected area of national interest and offer a karst landscape of a rare wilderness: high and steep rocks, sharp ridges, stone towers, rocky valleys, gorges, arches etc. It contains over 1,000 species of plants, animals, butterflies some representing rare elements such as wild garlic, rock eagle, puddle, yew, cinnamon, white carnation, rock butterfly.
About 50-60 caves, arches (the ruins of collapsed caves) or nests are generally known in Turks Gorge, generally having small dimensions (8 exceed 20 m long, the largest reaching 123 m).
Cheile Turzii is linked by a series of routes to other tourist sights, such as Turkey Gorge or Ciucaș Waterfall. It is a favorite area for climbers due to the verticality of the walls and the relatively easy access with equipment. There are over 200 mountaineering and climbing routes, various competitions and memorials are held annually.
Salina Turda is, without a doubt, the most famous destination for tourists visiting Turda. This mine dates from the seventeenth century. The exploitation of salt in Turda has been a determining element for the prosperous evolution of the city from the pre-Roman period to the present. Salda Turda, which was one of the most important salines in Transylvania at the beginning of the year, begins to decline after 1840, due to the increasing competition of the salt from Ocna Mureş, reaching the role of a reserve.
Safe archaeological evidence of the salt exploitation in Durgău-Turda exists from the pre-Roman period, a fact underlined by the presence in the immediate vicinity of the salt deposits, each time, of a Roman fortification. The Roman fortified town of Potaissa defended the salt exploitation in Turda.
Feleacu Slope is located 12 km from the city of Cluj-Napoca, taking place on Feleacului Hill near the television tower. It is an idyllic place, from where you can admire a unique panorama of the city, animated throughout the day as well as at night.
The slope has a length of 765 meters, the level difference being 98m. Starting with this year, Feleacu will be the only Snowpark in the region. It will include more elements for tricks but also 3 jumps specially designed for winter sports lovers.
A modern part, it is equipped with artificial snow installation and efficient lighting system, to provide the best conditions to the customers at night. At the same time, the facilities of Feleacu include a ski lift with a capacity of 412 persons / h, a 24/7 surveillance system and wireless internet on the slope.
Stațiunea Muntele Băișorii
Located only 18 km from the Pension Laura - Petrestii de Jos and 50 km from Cluj Napoca, the Băişorii Mountain Resort is the most famous ski resort of Cluj and a place of special beauty. The resort is located at the border of the Gera stream (source of the Ierţa valley), on the ridges that go east from Buscat peak (1676 m), on the territory of Băişoara commune (Cluj County), at 46 degrees and 32 minutes north latitude and 23 minutes degrees and 19 minutes east longitude, at an altitude between 1200 and 1400 m, the hotel being located at 1345 m.
The view is wide, open to the Transylvanian Plain, the Turzian Gorge and to more distant areas, in good visibility conditions one can admire the mountains of Maramureş, Tiblesş, Rodnei, Călimani and Făgăraş and sometimes also the Carpathian Forests, Gutâghul, Suhardul, Munhard , Ciucaşul. From the peaks near the resort are seen in the clear sky and the Şureanul, Parângul and Retezatul, and in exceptional conditions, even the High Tatras.
Various sports and games can be practiced, but the base remains on mountain sports, for which there are wide possibilities in the area, especially for hiking, alpine skiing, ski touring, mountain biking, paragliding, to a lesser extent cross-country skiing, mountaineering and caving.
Schi alpin / Snowboarding
There are two ski slopes in the resort but only one of them (the Big Party) is used regularly and intensively:
Partia Mare : lungime 1200 m , dificultate media , teleschi
Partia Slalom : lungime 300 m , dificultate: avansati, teleschi
Câteva alte obiective din zonă
- Biserica Unitariană, din 1570 din Petreştii-de-Jos.
- Biserica de lemn „Sfinţii Arhangheli Mihail şi Gavriil” (1842-1846) din satul Livada.
- A significant collection of Roman objects from the Potaissa (Turda) fort was found in the former conac al familiei Ferenc şi Anna Lugossy (sec.XVIII) din Petreştii-de-Jos.
- Cheile Turzii - Turzii Keys make up a protected area of national interest that corresponds to the IV category IUCN (mixed type nature reserve), located in Cluj county, at a distance of 6 km west of Turda municipality, along the Hăşdate valley.
- Biserica Romano-Catolică Sf.Mihai inscribed on the list of historical monuments, it is one of the most representative monuments of Gothic architecture in Transylvania.
- Rezervaţia Naturală Fanatele Suatu I si II - The natural area is located in the central-eastern part of Cluj county and the eastern part of the village Suatu and southwest of the locality Ghirisu Român.
- Cascada Ciucaş - it is located in the Hădădilor Gorge, on the lower course of the Hăşdate Valley, not far from the village of Corneşti, Mihai Viteazu Commune, Jud. Cluj.
- Castrul de la Potaissa is the largest legion camp with a long operation in Dacia. With the long sides (north and south) of 573 m and the short ones (east and west) of 408 m, the huge rectangle described by the camp occupies an area of 23.37 ha.
- Castelul din Bontida – Once considered the Versailles of Transylvania, Bánffy Castle in Bonţida is one of the most beautiful assemblies of historical buildings in the Carpathian Basin.
- Casa Matei Corvin is one of the oldest buildings and the only Renaissance palace in Cluj-Napoca. The building was built in the 15th century and is located inside the first defense enclosure belonging to the old fortress. Originally used as an inn, in 1740 it was purchased by the city of Cluj, fulfilling other purposes, such as prison or hospital. In 1887, Emperor Francis Joseph paid a visit to the city, an occasion on which a plaque commemorating that moment was placed on the building. The plate exists today.
- Cetăţuia it was built between 1715 and 1735 with star-shaped walls, a redoubt, a tower and was surrounded by bastions, according to the plans of the military architect Giovanni Visconti, outside being surrounded by a wave of earth. The access gates from west and south no longer exist, only those from the south-east and north remain standing. Above the gates and inside the enclosure were various buildings that housed administrative spaces, a garrison and an armory.
- Castelul Kemény from Jucu de Sus, Cluj County, built in the 19th century, is inscribed on the list of historical monuments in Cluj County, elaborated by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of Romania in 2010. The castle, built in the 19th century, has the shape of the letter L, with sides 22 and 16 meters. It is made up of basement, ground floor, floor and roof, with 2 entrances. The building has two entrances on the southern sides, the small entrance being framed by a portico with two columns on which there is a terrace. The connection between the ground floor and the floor is made on a stone staircase. In the north-western corner of the castle there is a sidewalk of pentagonal shape. There are only a few old trees left in the old park and a stone block high about. 1.5 meters, carved with animal motifs.
- Castelul Wass(sau Castelul în alb și negru) was rectangular in shape with two square towers and four pavilions. It was located in a small park, in front of which were placed two artesian fountains. He survived the main building, built in the Transylvanian Baroque style, with a basement, ground floor and a frame. Near the building are the family's burial crypts, mentioned in the family archive of 1776.
- Cetatea de la Bologase is located in the town of Bologa in Cluj County An ancient Roman castrum, called Resculum este cea mai veche așezare din zonă specificată în documente. A fost ridicat în jurul anului 106 D.C., drept garnizoană a Cohortei II “Hispanorum”, a cărei misiune era, probabil, apărarea graniței Imperiului Roman. Pe măsură ce romanii au încercat să consolideze granițele, în secolul II D.C. au fost aduși coloniști din Grecia, se crede din zona Patras. Ruinele castrului sunt vizibile și astăzi în locul numit „Grădiște”, deși majoritatea zonei a fost folosită ca suprafață agricolă. În apropierea castrului există și ruinele unei băi romane.
- Cetatea Cuzdrioara it is formed by a wave of circular earth with a diameter of 50 m and bordered by a ditch. The dimensions of the wave vary from 7 m wide and 3 m high on the south side, 10 m wide and 6 m high on the north side. The fortress was destroyed, the reasons for the destruction being unknown. Archaeological researches found bronze objects from the 9th century in the area. The fortress is also known as Cetatea chazarilor. Anonimus mentions chazari in his work Gesta Hungarorum among Menumorut's subjects. Chazarii were a semi-nomadic population of Turkish origin, which in the VII-IX centuries laid the foundations of a state in the Caspian Sea area. The king of Hungary and Croatia, Andrei II (1205-1235) gifted the village of the magistrate Deneş, one of the ancestors of the Bánffy family, a family that remained in the possession of the village until the 17th century.
- Cascada Răchițele numită și Vălul Miresei – is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Romania. The waterfall is over 30 meters. In winter, the rocky wall freezes, making it an excellent place for ice climbing for those passionate about this sport. An old legend recalls that the name of the waterfall comes from the fact that long ago a bride would have fallen off the steep rocks of the area where the waterfall is, and her veil was hanging on the rocks. There, the wedding couple stopped and started to cry, thus forming a waterfall. In fact, the name could be attributed to the shape of the waterfall that resembled a veil.